Contributors * more photos to appear soon

Contributors * more photos to appear soon
Christy Namee Eriksen, kim thompson, Jon Schill

Thursday, April 7, 2011

my heart

my heart is the flower that blossoms

pink and bright

outside the dry cleaners

i live downwind from their scent


my heart is

the smell of bread baking

from the bakers round the corner

i live upwind from its scent


my heart is

the sentences i write you

when time whispers "wait"

and the words say "soon"


my heart is

the rain that wakes me in the morning

collecting in my alley

in the space between two walls


my heart is

the joy of knowing trans oceanic flight

and the hearts that wait

for mine


my heart is

awake to knowing that

i will know when to

send

when to go

when to stay

and when to

meet.


my heart is

the painting above my door

arms up in the akimbo of

surrender


my heart is

that silver coin

oblong shape indented

piece of memento


my heart is

wings tucked in

wings unfurled

always ready for the soaring


my heart is

the morning coffee in my cup

and cigarette smoke in the air

and music from small laptop speakers


my heart is

yours for always


my heart is

mine from the beginning


my heart is

living upwind of baked bread

downwind of cherry blossoms

in between two walls swollen with rain

silver smoke wings singing

akimbo'd ready for flight

and well

caffeinated


my heart

it just

is.


-- kim thompson. thursday 7 april 2011. seoul. s.korea 14.00

1 comment:

  1. Nice, it reads like a love poem to
    itself.... I love the alley, and the poodle, and the swollen walls.

    ReplyDelete