Contributors * more photos to appear soon

Contributors * more photos to appear soon
Christy Namee Eriksen, kim thompson, Jon Schill

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Troy

An older story... written Monday, 01 February 2010



The empty page on my computer screen mocks me, haunts me, it doesn’t have eyes but stares into mine nonetheless. Fingers hovering over a black keyboard – oh, do I miss those old typewriters; at least the paper wouldn’t stare, lest it be ripped and mauled by frustrated writers.

Sweet coffee had forgotten its own bitter taste; avo-and-cheese sandwiches with a dash of pepper and too much salt; water turned mellow and lukewarm from neglect and jealousy, but I can’t help preferring the sweetened coffee that had turned as lukewarm as the water; they’re keeping me company on a desk that hasn't celebrated the New Year yet…

And when noon arrives, I will face my sorrows head on! Charge it! Rush it! Like amazons, with raised axe, riding chariot; some old forgotten Scythian war cry will strike fear into heartless demons. And I’ll forget that over time and decades, those demons had become my friends…

And I will rebuild the great gate, put stone on stone; hide behind Ilium’s great walls. I will build in my heart yet another Troy, to be burned…

No comments:

Post a Comment