Contributors * more photos to appear soon

Contributors * more photos to appear soon
Christy Namee Eriksen, kim thompson, Jon Schill

Thursday, June 3, 2010

banana

white on the inside, yellow on the out
that's not what I'm all about
though I did sprout from roots stout
I ended up growing a different route
but your mind is clearly without
the necessary faculties for the nonsense you spout
I won't let myself pout
I won't let myself shout
I won't let myself doubt
I'm not a banana

need I remind you to stop being racially blind
be kind + rewind that thought
I'm disinclined to believe that your mind
only thinks of me for my rind
and not what you find
inside what the universe designed
I won't let myself be confined
I won't let myself be defined
I won't let myself be maligned
as a banana

check yourself + right this slight
your impolite, outright fright
your delight is now contright
I'll rewrite you til you're upright
I'll relight you til you're tight white might
is insignificant in height to the blight I will incite
I will let myself ignite
I will not let myself invite
I will let myself fight
that I'm a banana

stop + smell MY flowers
so you will be cleansed as I scour
my yellow tower of power won't cower
myself is empower + in power
for it is YOU I will devour
keep your eyes on the final hour
this shit is bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment